Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

I was extremely lucky to have my best friend and cousin visit us this holiday season! Stephanie was here for a long and busy weekend!  We had three different Christmas parties going on, two to attend and one to throw.  And of course we were able to squeeze in some shopping too! 
I am incredibly blessed to have such an amazing best friend to call my cousin.  She is my go to gal! 
I love you Steph!


My girlfriends have an annual Christmas Party thrown by the best hostess ever, Mrs. Jolynn Dupree!
It was great introducing Steph to my Georgia friends.



Bowling at Kyle's work Christmas Party! Stephanie bowled a TURKEY!!


Kyle and I have thrown a Christmas dinner for our close Georgia friends the past two years. Luckily this year, Stephanie was here to help me cook! She is an awesome little Betty Crocker! 
Thanks for all your help Steph!!!


Other Christmas Festivities this Season:

At Cynthia and Mark's Amazing Dessert Party!
(with great friends, Jolynn, Cynthia and Christina)

Four Point's Ladies Christmas Gift Exchange
(with great friends, Erin, Jolynn and Lauren)



This Christmas was a bit different for us.  It was our first without either of our parents or siblings.  We knew this day would come, but it was definitely hard to be away from them on actual Christmas.  We are super blessed to have family in Georgia that have taken us under their wing and included us in their family traditions!

On Christmas Eve we had dinner and Christmas with the Hayes.  It was super special to be there to watch Aidan, Roman and Saylor open their gifts! The boys are at the age where they know what Christmas is all about! They were amazingly really patient waiting for their turns to open presents from Nana and Pappy.  I can only hope that Kensi and her siblings will be as good as them!

The girls being silly on Christmas Eve

My amazing husband and me - our last Christmas just the two of us...EVER!

Kyle rummaging through our gifts on Christmas Eve - what a sneak!!!


 Christmas morning!!!  


Kensi's loot -  she is a very special girl to get so much before she is even born!
(and I can only imagine what Gamma and Gampa Marks and her Aunt, Uncle and cousins go her too! (we haven't exchanged yet) )


Kyle's new favorite piece of clothing - GO BUCKS!


My favorite gift of the season - a new ornament from my cousin, Amy.


Kyle and I have truly been blessed this year! Looking back at 2012, we have had the greatest joy of our lives so far, the realization that we are bringing life to the world and it will be our darling daughter.  The Christmas season is a special time to remember that Jesus was brought to the world as a sweet baby to save us all from our sin.  He is our King.   

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas season and a Happy New Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment